IGN's Next-Gen Console Design Contest Winner

Last week, we asked the IGN community to vote for their pick of the best reader-submitted next-gen console designs. Now, after nearly 100,000 votes were cast, we have a winner. IGN reader Jon's outstanding Xbox Infinity concept garnered nearly 28% of all votes, followed closely by Neil's futuristic Xbox 720 design, which accounted for 23%. For his efforts, Jon will receive an Astro Gaming A50 wireless gaming headset.

Here's Jon's original description of his vision for the design:

After looking at a lot of design concepts already out there, I decided many were just too complex and busy. I wanted to design something that could and would make sense in the real world. There are certain existing elements (such as the LED ring) in the Xbox design language that I feel are iconic and immediately recognizable and I really wanted to pay homage to those. This is a new system, but it's still Xbox. Lastly, some time ago I heard a rumor that the new system could possibly be called Xbox INFINITY. I liked the idea and I wanted to design a geometric shape that captures that concept, though after I'd rendered everything I wish I would've called it INFINITI though. The result is a clean and striking design that is new but still the Xbox we all know and love. This was incredibly fun and I'd like to thank IGN for the motivation!

Thank you to everyone who voted and all of the designers for their great work!


Source : feeds[dot]ign[dot]com

0 comments:

Post a Comment